I turned 27 yesterday. Whaaa? When did that happen? It only feels like yesterday that I was still in Uni spending far too much time on my PS2 and playing geeky card games like Magic the Gathering…yeah, I was one of ‘those’ people (still am).
Confession: I love my twenties. Love, love, love them. I’ll take 27 over 17 any day. I’ve become more confident, started doing lots more sports and have a career that I love. I enjoy the freedom in responsibility, and I’m better at accepting my limitations.
I remember reading a blog a couple of months ago from someone who had noted down one thing they’d learnt for evey year they’d been alive and I think it’s a great idea, so here are 27 things I’ve learned in my 27 years:
- Always be reading something. Books are your friend.
- Leon is the best movie ever made!
- Find a job where you can learn more, not earn more.
- Really think before you hit that “Send” button on your email. Read what you just wrote. Do you sound like a twat? You’ll most likely regret saying it.
- Say “Yes” against your better judgement once in a while. Some of the best things happen when you try something new or unplanned.
- Don’t turn on the TV unless there’s something specific you want to watch as 90% of the stuff on it is trash!
- The better you get at something, the easier it looks, the easier it looks the less people will respect it (or want to pay for it).
- I’m still not sure I believe that Pluto isn’t a planet.
- Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi.
- The dot over the letter ‘i’ is called a tittle.
- Take lots of pictures. Someday you’ll be really glad you did.
- You should watch The Big Lebowski if you haven’t already. If you have, watch it again!
- Time heals (nearly) all wounds…
- I can Listen to music by Less than Jake on repeat all day.
- Physical exercise is great at reducing stress and anxiety as well as improving your health.
- A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn’t give her coffee – sounds reasonable to me. No-one should be deprived of coffee!
- I’m not sure I truly believe in Karma, but the concept of doing good things then good things will happen in your own life, has worked out pretty well for me so far.
- Everyone has their successes, so make sure you’re able to recognise them, because they may not come in the form of £’s or $’s.
- The bigger the team or company, the harder it will be to make a difference. Small is beautiful sometimes.
- Try looking at something from a different point of view before moaning about it. Change the way you view things and you’ll become a lot more accepting of others.
- Confident women are sexy.
- Try to have fun in your job. Fun is not the enemy of work.
- Beer tastes nasty and I’ve never liked it. Cider is much better.
- There is a song for any (and every) emotion you’ll ever go through in life.
- I’ve yet to discover any word in the English language that rhymes with purple.
- A weightlifter from Bristol, played the (body) role of Darth Vader in the original Star Wars films.
- Never forget to Smile…..it irritates angry people.
Haha, love this! Nothing in the English language rhymes with orange either ;)
I have learnt two things in the last two minutes, from this post:
1. I am not sexy. *sad face*
2. But I am in with a chance of being beautiful! -x-